Friday 16 July 2010

Artist of the Week > Ren Rox

This weeks' artist focuses on amazing photographer Ren Rox who I discovered on (http://iconology.therndm.com/archive/love-black-and-white-ren-rox/668) icon_ology. She's London based and has work published in The Face, Dazed & Confused, NME, Stella (The Telegraph. etc. She was also shortlisted in the Portraiture category at the 2010 Sony World Photography Awards.


I especially love her black/white film work as she's inspired me for my A level project where we have to use b/w film. Her double exposures are executed excellently and I hope to produce double exposures like that. I love how she incorporates documentary style photography with edgy portraiture/fashion which I have chosen for my first project. So thank you Ren Rox for your inspiring work!


This is a double exposure self-portrait of Rox.

can't you hear me knocking

film double exposure


This is very haunting image with her eyes obscured and her mouth partially open. I love how she's used black/white film and double exposed it; it's a brilliant outcome. Feelings that are evoked from this photo is fear and silent panic.

some velvet morning



Another beautiful self-portrait double exposure on b/w film.


the most amazing sunset I've ever seen. Ipanema, 31/01/09. double exposure. no effects/Photoshop... just nature.

Double exposed photo taken in Brazil on film. I adore the orange sunset colours firing through the sky and the quiet sea and the man's feet.


you're a star in your own cinema

Karina N © Ren Rox


Another double exposed b/w photo on 35mm film. This is very eerie with the graveyard and her haunted melancholic face. 

Crystal Castles / Ethan


Cover feature for Artrocker magazine, February '08.
© Ren Rox
This is another great photo, the fusion of purple and green creates a 3D effect and the eyes are situated in places that create a confusing but interesting photo. This is photography pop-art style!


♪ ♬ Billie Jean ♬ ♬

Leomie @ Premier / film double exposure .


Simply beautiful.

See more at 


All images are copyright by Ren Rox. I do not own these images.

No comments: