Saturday 2 October 2010

Nisha Haq Photography > Shades of Sex ft. Lauhren Jones

Last Sunday I did a shoot with my friend, Lauhren Jones who you may recognize from my Durleigh Bikini Shoot in June and Punk Vintage Shoot I did in May. This shoot was for my A level photography where I've chosen to do narrative fashion photography with inspirations from Ellen Von Unwerth, Helmut NewtonRen RoxAkif Hakan Celebi, Alessandro Zuek Simonetti, Daemian Smith & Christine Suarez amongst many others. I wasn't too sure how I was going to shoot Lauhren, however after seeing the Exposed exhibition at the Tate Modern I was inspired! I didn't want to take pretty pictures, I wanted a raw edge to them that told a story. I shot these on black/white 35mm film, I developed the film at college, scanned the negatives in and edited it on Photoshop CS2.

Photography Nisha Haq
Model Lauhren Jones
Fashion Nisha Haq
Hair/Make Up Lauhren Jones & Emily Bigby

Taken: Sept 2010
Location: My house


Click on images to see it larger

Black/white pinstripe dress: Ruby Haq
Gothic dress, lace & striped tights, bra, shoes, waist belt: Nisha haq

No comments: