Friday 20 May 2011

Super Human by Lope Navo

Another reason I created this blog was to post my inspirations and general stuff I like (mainly being photography, fashion, graphics, art, music, pop culture, film) and generally share things that are certainly worth looking at. This shoot by Lope Navo called 'Super Human' featuring Ford model Josh Button is definitely one of them!

This editorial features in the May 2011 issue of Factice Magazine and styled by Sonny Groo (epic name btw!)

First of all Josh Button looks hot! Men and baby oiled skin = niiiice! :) haha
Secondly I love atmosphere and the different lighting, blues, purples, greens etc.
Also I like the small details in the images; such as 'I heart my Penis' in one of the photos.
I'm still trying to grasp the relevance of the Labrador (I think it's a Labrador) to the story and the Button. I think it plays on the idea of 'a dog is a man's best friend'. According to this sense I believe Josh Button is taking time off from his 'super human' abilities and relaxing with his best friend, his dog. I'm not sure about this interpretation...

Source: Homotography
Further reading:Lope Navo Studios   /    Josh Button

No comments: