Tuesday 28 June 2011

Showgirl, Bluey Robinson - New Music Video

I've been playing this song over and over and I think his voice is awesome cool. Haven't heard any recent funky newcomers with a sound like his. :) It's all electronic R&B at the moment so it's refreshing to hear a voice like his. woo.. shoowwggiirrl :)

Watch on Youtube


Bluey, 22 year old funky guy from London is a 'distinct British personality' who echoes the likes of 'Prince, Otis Redding, The Jackson 5, Cee-Lo Green and Bruno Mars in Bluey’s sonic spectrum. “I’m influenced by a lot of old music but I’m also a young guy living in London in 2011, so I want to tie the two angles together,” says Bluey'. The single was produced by hit-making mastermind Labrinth who is most famous for his work on the Tinie Tempah track ‘Pass Out’. - (http://www.blueyrobinson.com/about/)

I think the video is casually cool and doesn't over do it with meaningless special effects; the video stays true to the lyrics and I love the summery vibe. I wanna move like those dancers in the video as well! This song has catchy lyrics and Bluey has an incredible voice. Coming from a design background I think the single cover art could have been more eye-catching and echo the coolness of his Showgirl music video however all in all, the song is all you need! :D Showgirl is going on repeat this summer :D

Ooh & check out this awesome acoustic Street Session of Showgirl.  I love how he's so 'out' there jamming in the streets. Goes to show he's a 'real' musician, not a manufactured vocoded over popstar. :) He's just too cool isn't he? haha



Bluey Robinson Links:
Official Site   /   Facebook   /   Twitter   /   Myspace   /   Youtube

M.A.S.H 

No comments: